Beat the Clock: How These 6 Email Countdown Timers Can Boost Your Sales
If you want to drive sales and keep customers engaged, the best strategy is to create a sense of urgency. And email countdown timers can help you do exactly that.
Think of it this way: You want to make sure your subscribers don’t miss out on a must-have deal, or an unbeatable discount. But how can you make sure they don’t let the opportunity slip away? By creating an email countdown timer!
With the right email template and timer setup, you can easily turn subscribers into paying customers. That’s why we’ll be discussing the six best email countdown timers that marketers are using today. You’ll learn all about the features they have to offer and how they can help your campaigns succeed.
But first, let’s look at some of the biggest benefits of email countdown timers.
What are the benefits of using an email countdown timer?
Whether you're looking for creative ways to maximize engagement in your emails or simply want something to help incentivize conversions, using an email countdown timer is definitely worth considering. Here are some key perks they provide:
- Increased urgency: An email countdown timer can create more anticipation around a promotion or sale, inspiring your customers to take action before time runs out.
- Boosted engagement: By adding countdown timers to emails, you can better captivate your audience and keep them engaged with your content until the end of the timer's cycle.
- Improved click-through rate (CTR): Having an eye-catching email countdown timer within the body of an email will encourage recipients to click it and explore more information about the promotion or topic being advertised.
- More conversions: As a result of increased urgency, heightened engagement, and a bump in CTR, you will likely see higher numbers in terms of conversions as well—i.e, people filling out forms or making purchases when prompted by the timer.
- A/B testing opportunities: Using a countdown timer gives you a great chance to A/B test different design elements such as color scheme, size, and placement within the body of your emails. This allows you to find out which option works best for achieving desired results before making any changes permanent.
6 best email countdown timers
- Pricing: $25 USD/month, and that includes 1M timer views, as well as unlimited timers.
- Countdown to specific dates and times
- Time zone selection
- Export timers as code or GIFs
With Countdown timer by Cannoli, you get multiple, easy-to-use options for building your timer: you can create from a Figma frame, you can build from an image, or you can use a basic color background.
Countdown timer by Cannoli is also optimized for both desktop and mobile thanks to its GIF format, so you don’t have to worry about any viewport glitches. With its customization options, you can change the color, font, and style of your timers to fit your own branding. Plus, Cannoli easily fits in with your workflows as it can be used with any ESP, including Mailchimp and HubSpot, saving you even more time.
- Pricing: Free plan with 100,000 views; starter paid plan is $9.99/month
- Global CDN delivery
- Adobe photoshop timers
- Evergreen timer
One of the most popular email countdown timers on the market is MailTimers, with its ability to create timers in over 30+ languages with an intuitive builder and easy-to-paste embedded codes.
On the platform, you can also track your campaigns in real-time with a range of analytics and modify your timer anytime, even after it's been sent. Pricing is also generous with a free plan that offers 100,000 views per month–no credit card required.
- Pricing: Starts at $9/month with 150,000 views
- 900+ font options
- Full-color customization
- Custom expired countdown images
- Unlimited timers
With Sendtric, users can create perpetual timers that always count down the same amount of time, which is perfect for situations like abandoned carts or follow-up emails.
Sendtric’s Unique User feature also enables users to personalize timers for their specific recipients and customize designs. Dynamic timers allow for programmatically creating timers that can be controlled from a user’s email platform, which is useful if a timer needs to be created in a rush. Users can also create multiple timers and store them as templates on the platform.
- Pricing: Free with 20,000 views/month; starter paid plan is $10/month
- Time zone selection
- Custom branding
- Dynamic language translation
MotionMail allows users to easily customize email timers, add them with a simple code, and schedule them for limited-time offers, sales alerts, and other events. The tool supports multiple languages with dynamically generated translations based on the email recipient's preferred language (with a paid plan).
Users can also customize the appearance of the timer and look at analytics to see how many people have viewed a timer. Plus, timers integrate with email marketing software like Mailchimp, Salesforce, and Campaign Monitor.
- Pricing: $297 for lifetime access
- Central dashboard for analytics
- Animated countdowns
- Manage multiple users
Timerdash offers a unique pricing structure—there are no free plans or multiple paid tiers: users pay a one-time $297 fee and gain access to the Timerdash software for life, which includes a reseller’s license. But the platform is cloud-hosted, so users don’t have to install anything—they can just log in and start building.
Along with the ability to customize all colors, fonts, text, and graphics, users can add CTAs, buttons, and links to their countdown timers as well as create animated countdowns that work within the emails.
- Pricing: $0.10 per 1000 impressions
- Countdown animations
- Timer personalization
- Countdown cart availability
Zembula uses “smart banners” to make dynamic content easier to create within email campaigns. With the Zembula email countdown timer in particular, users can create animations on top of their countdown timers and personalize the timer with a recipient’s first name, weather forecast, or location. The timer also works specifically with cart availability—users can attach a special discount to incentivize recipients to click on the countdown timer and take them back to their cart.
Boost Your Campaigns with Cannoli’s Countdown Email Timer
Building your first email countdown timer and integrating it with your campaigns is easy with Cannoli. The Cannoli email countdown timer stands out from the rest with the sheer flexibility to build any timer design you like and integrate it with your favorite tools. Plus, our support team at Scalero is always ready to lend a helping hand with any questions or special requirements you might need.
Ready to start building? Contact us at email@example.com so that we can set up a plan for you.
More from Scalero
Join our mailing list
Get your fix of marketing, design and automation tips, all written by industry experts.